March 3, 2014 In Uncategorized
Red Carpet Style
I’m sure many of you watched the Oscars last night and were blown away by some stunning evening gowns! This has inspired me to write about my tips and tricks for looking your best at any special occasion, red carpet or not.
- The most dramatic color you can wear is your hair color. So for you blondes out there, opt for a neutral, or gold toned look. Brunettes go for chocolate brown. Black haired ladies wear black, and you fiery redheads go for red. This is a for sure way to turn heads your way and to get yourself on the best dressed list!
- The second best color choice would be your eye color. Wearing your eye color will get you many compliments! Eye color is always a good choice.
- Make sure you are wearing the right silhouette for your body type. If your not sure what this is, please call me and I will be happy to help!
- Create your mood with your jewelry. If your feeling playful, try a drop statement earring or necklace. If your feeling classic, try your diamond studs and bracelet.
- Don’t match your shoes and bag. Your look will be more modern if you wear a different shade of shoe and bag. For example try a champagne metallic heel with a silvery clutch. It will look more styled and not matchy-matchy.
- Hire a great Tailor. If buying off the rack, take the look to your tailor to tweak the dress to fit you perfectly. Most of us are not a 6ft model and need some tailoring. Its definitely worth the extra money.
- Have your hair and make-up done professionally. This is a timesaver and stress reliever. I do this even for small events because you will feel your best when your hair and make-up looks great!
- Buy the dress well in advance. You really should have some evening options before you actually get the invitation because you don’t want to be rushing around trying to find a dress last minute.
- Realx the day before an event and spend some time on yourself. You want to also get a good nights rest before the day of the event because if you don’t, it will show in the photos.
- Have fun and be yourself!!!!